*******************************************************

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Thought on Last Post's Poll

While talking about the poll with Miss Katie, I realized that using the word "Mennonite" may have not been the best choice.  I used that as a general description of Plain, not as a denominational reference.  Naming a group of followers after their leader is often regrettable and usually is to be avoided by those of us who claim the One True Name, though in this case there haven't been the issues that sometimes come of the practice.  


I said all that to say this, though the name of the blog isn't going change (because it sounds cool) if you who read wouldn't mind remembering that my intention is plain living, not a particular group I would appreciate it greatly.  More to come later.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for noting my note. Duly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I always tell folks! Yay for you! I may be Mennonite by religious affiliation, but I am first and foremost a follower of Christ therefore I am simply (and aptly) Christian! Not unlike Baptists, Methodists...you get the idea :) It's only a name to me and synonymous with "plain"...nothing more :)

    I sure do miss you...love keeping up with you here and TXT...really wish you could go to Shipshe with me this summer...you would love it. Lord willing, someday, right!

    ReplyDelete